I’m Jocelyn Seamer, a teacher and former school leader determined to help you get great results for students.
If there's one thing I know, it's that teaching is never simple and there are no one-size-fits all solutions.
Welcome to Jocelyn Seamer Education
My name is Jocelyn and I am so pleased to welcome you to Jocelyn Seamer Education. As a former teacher and school leader, I understand the demands of our profession. We often feel an enormous amount of pressure to be perfect ALL the time while trying to maintain some kind of work-life balance. Keeping up with the current recommendations about literacy instruction can be an overwhelming and exhausting undertaking.
I remember, very clearly, sitting in PL sessions at school or online with two questions in mind:
"That's all very nice, but what does it actually look like in my classroom?"
"How, exactly, am I going to do this so that it helps me get the desired results for my students?"
When I made the decision to make the shift from working in schools fulltime to supporting teachers across the country, I knew what I had to do; create the simplest, most practical professional learning opportunities and resources to help teachers and teams implement structured literacy in their classrooms.
When you work with me:
- We focus on action: We work with the manageable and sustainable actions we need to make a real difference to our students.
- It's all about you: There is no 'should' or 'must' when you engage with me.
- I respect your professionalism: I absolutely recognise that every teacher I work with comes with important skills and knowledge already established.
- You know how to move the needle: My content is centred on helping you get great results for you and your students
- I demonstrate everything: Talk is great, but it's seeing things in action that help us understand the possibilities
Whether you are a teacher, in-school coach or school leader, I want to assure you that I am here to help.
All my best