The Systematic Literacy Block -
4 week program
This four week face to face program will walk early primary teachers step by step through creating a literacy block to get every child in their class on the road to proficient reading
Location: Burnie Tasmania
Dates: Begins May 6th, 2021
No More Wasted PL Days
This 4 week program encourages and supports teachers to take real action and implement what they are learning.
Templates, lesson plans and teaching resources provided
Teachers will receive simple, easy to use lesson templates to lighten their cognitive load.
Practical demonstration and practice
We learn by doing. Face to Face workshops provide time for hands on practice so that teachers are ready to put routines into action the very next day.
By the end of this program you will have...
- An understanding of how the 'big 6' of reading instruction can be brought to life in your classroom
- Learned about, practised and delivered systematic, explicit phonics lessons that include phonemic awareness and spelling
- Taught irregular, high frequency words in a way that supports all students' learning
- Assessed student phonics skills and used the data to plan for the next teaching steps
- Used decodable texts/passages in lessons to give students the opportunity to practice effective decoding
- Used a systematic, explicit approach to daily shared writing.
- Differentiated instruction to meet the needs of the students in your class.
Download the brochure and booking form below
“Jocelyn is an engaging presenter. She is passionate and caring and genuinely cares about teaching. ”
“Very interesting PD. Jocelyn has a wealth of knowledge. I liked that the PD related well to classroom practice.”
“Thank you so much for delivering an informative and highly relevant PD that can be applied across any school/classroom. I appreciated the 'realness' and practicality of being able to apply what I've learned. ”